Institutions can become active partners (training hubs), so that they provide regular training for their areas. Hubs have at least one local instructor committed to organizing a workshop at least once a year.
From October 2016 to October 2021, CodeRefinery was a project funded by NeIC and the CodeRefinery community is amazing! We would like to continue providing similar services after the end of the project.
Our plan to make CodeRefinery sustainable:
- CodeRefinery governance;
- CodeRefinery Kickstarter campaign to be able to register CodeRefinery as an independent foundation;
- CodeRefinery membership
We are currently working at establishing the CodeRefinery governance.
We need your support to spin-off and register CodeRefinery as a foundation in one of the Nordic countries.
CodeRefinery is working on setting up a kickstart campaign to raise the necessary funds.
If you are interested, get in touch with us on https://coderefinery.zulipchat.com in #kickstart-cr stream.
CodeRefinery is working on defining membership tiers with associated benefits to continue its activities.
We will offer different options such as:
- Free membership with no in-kind trainers;
- Free membership with in-kind trainers;
- Basic annual membership;
- Premium annual membership;
We are working on defining the benefits for each option.
As part of the CodeRefinery sustainability plan, hubs will allow to share instructors in-kind: since a workshop needs at least two or three instructors, instructors can travel between hubs so that we maintain community, share knowledge, and continue workshops.
- Aalto University, Helsinki region, sponsored by Aalto Scientific Computing. Workshops every May (Helsinki)/December (Aalto) in partnership with the University of Helsinki.
- KTH, Stockholm, sponsored by PDC. Workshops every March-April and October-November.
- NTNU, Trondheim. Workshops every February and October-November.
- University of Oslo. Workshops every June (and possibly more).
Become a hub
To become a hub, please sponsor a first workshop, then a second, and then eventually it becomes a regular thing. There should be at least one local instructor who can regularly take part in other CodeRefinery activities and several helpers.
To get started, consider attending another workshop as a helper (optional), then request a workshop, then join our chat and become an instructor. When you would like to be add to the list above, send a pull request.