November 6-7, 2019, KTH Main Campus
We start Wednesday morning and conclude Thursday after lunch.
Location: KTH Library, Osquars backe 31, KTH Main Campus.
Welcome to the first CodeRefinery hackathon!
The idea behind this event is to bring together people who are working with
code and/or data in research, in an informal environment where ideas can be
exchanged, expertise shared and real work done!
What you can do at the hackathon:
- Bring your own code or data and get suggestions/help on how to better organize, test,
document, and share your code.
- Participate at a ReproHack where we try to reproduce a nominated paper and learn how to make
software papers better reproducible. You can nominate your own paper and then you get feedback
about how to improve your own work.
- Work on new or existing CodeRefinery lessons.
- Share your expertise with others and learn many new tricks and tools from others.
What we will ask you to provide when registering:
- Nominate two papers for the ReproHack (can be your papers or somebody else’s).
- Suggest at least one project that you would like to work on with others.
- If you bring your own code or data where you would like to get expert suggestions, please give
us some background information.
- Wednesday, November 6
- Welcome and practical information
- Presentation of group projects and forming of groups
- Group work part I
- Morning break
- Group work part II
- Thursday, November 7
- Group work part III
- Short presentations of results
- Concluding remarks
- Thor Wikfeldt
- Anne-Claire Fouilloux
- Radovan Bast